COVID-19 has us all taking precautions to stay safe and healthy. We are thinking about all of our PDE friends and partners during these challenging times.
Now more than ever, we all need to be spending time outdoors for both our physical and mental health. Although many park and nature center programs are postponed indefinitely, parks in our region are still open for people to enjoy passive recreation.
For information about what’s open, what’s closed, and what’s cancelled in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania state parks, please click on the links below. Over the coming days, we will be adding additional links to places you can explore.
From all of us at PDE, please take care and be well!
Here is some new information about how PDE will conduct business during the pandemic.
Links to State Parks
- Delaware State Parks
- New Jersey Parks and Forests
- Article from NJ,com giving list of closed New Jersey parks
Trails, Nature Centers and Activities
- Berks Nature
- TTF Watershed Partnership
- Jack A. Markell Trail, New Castle County, Delaware
- Brandywine Park in Wilmington
- D&R Canal State Park Trail
- Delaware Waterfront in Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Trout Fishing
- Pennsylvania Land Trust Scavenger Hunt
- The Circuit Trails
- Schuylkill River Trail
- New Jersey Wetland Management areas — still open
- Shared: Best of NJ Hiking Trails (please crosscheck with NJ Parks listings for closings and restrictions)
PDE Event and Related Cancellations
- Christina River Watershed Cleanup – April 4
- Wilmington Earth and Arbor Day Celebration – April 22
- Pick Up Pennsylvania events suspended until May 1st