Show off your skills in PDE’s Schuylkill Shots photo contest
What: Schuylkill Shots Photo Contest
When: Entries accepted now through Aug. 31, 2018
Enter by going to: https://www.facebook.com/SchuylkillWaters
Partnership for the Delaware Estuary (PDE) is proud to announce its Schuylkill Shots photography contest to anyone who wants to enter.
Go wild! Show off your photography skills and capture the beauty of the Schuylkill.
How to Enter
- Digital photographs should be the highest resolution possible.
- Only entries submitted through the official contest app on Facebook will be considered.
- Photographs must be in a Facebook-accepted format. Facebook accepts .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .tif files.
- High quality scans of non-digital photographs will be accepted.
- Multiple entries by a single photographer must be submitted separately (maximum of six photos per person). Each photo may only be submitted once — no repeats. Resubmissions from previous Schuylkill Shots contests will not be accepted.
**To be considered, entries must include the town where the photo was taken and by whom**
Entries will be accepted between July 1 and Aug. 31, 2018.
Photos should be taken in areas where the Schuylkill River or related streams flow — Berks, Chester, Montgomery and Schuylkill counties, and part of Philadelphia.
We’ll award prizes in the following photo categories:
- Wild & Scenic– Highlight the scenic beauty and wildlife thriving in the Schuylkill
- Splash of Fun– People recreating within, or around, the Schuylkill
- Urban Waters Environment – Highlight creeks, streams, and rivers in cities and towns that border the Schuylkill
We’ll also have one more award category:
- People’s Choice – People will vote and choose their favorite photos from each of the above categories.
Who May Enter
Anyone of any age, from anywhere can submit up to six photos.
There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner for each of the three contest categories, and one “People’s Choice” winner from each category.
Wild & Scenic — two behind the scenes tours at PDE’s mussel hatchery and exhibit at Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center
Splash of Fun — two tickets to Schuylkill River Greenways’ 2019 Pedal and Paddle event
Urban Waters Environment — two tickets to the Franklin Institute
People’s Choice — two tickets to the Academy of Natural Sciences
2nd Place — all categories
$50 gift card
3rd Place — all categories
$25 gift card
Photos will be judged on content, clarity, and creativity. A panel of professional photographers and members the Partnership for the Delaware Estuary staff will select the top three photos from each category. After our judges choose the top placing entries, all remaining photos from each category will go to an online voting system for the public to choose a “People’s Choice” winner.
All entrants are responsible for obtaining any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of their photograph. This includes any material or elements that the photographer does not own, material that is subject to the rights of third parties, and any people who appear in the photograph.
By submitting their photo(s), entrants grant the Partnership for the Delaware Estuary and partners a royalty-free right to use the photo for any educational purposes with or without attribution.
The Partnership for the Delaware Estuary reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate or incomplete entries and/or contestants who are unable to submit, upon request, a high-resolution photograph.