Discover all that Pennsylvania’s coast has to boast at Pennsylvania Coast Day. This free festival will take place at Walnut Plaza (Columbus Avenue at Walnut Street) on Penn's Landing on September 10, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Visitors to Pennsylvania Coast Day will enjoy:
- Free boat rides and tours*
- Free rowboating and swan pedal boating**
- Free t-shirts, prizes*, face painting, arts and crafts
- Hands-on activities and exhibits
- Enthusiasts racing their model boats
- Fishing pole casting
All this will be available at no cost. See for yourself in our photo gallery. Plus you can enjoy the new Citizen Science Lab and Patriots & Pirates exhibit at the Independence Seaport Museum (admission rates apply).
Visitors can even ride a free, round-trip shuttle to the Fairmount Water Works. Here they can enjoy:
- Live freshwater mussel demonstrations
- The URBAN SEA art installation
- Tours of the historic Fairmount Water Works and Schuylkill River
- Come early for the Philly Fun Fishing Fest, from 7 to 11 a.m.
* Supplies limited
** Riders must be at least 6 for pedal boats. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.