Discover all that Pennsylvania’s coast has to boast at Pennsylvania Coast Day. This free festival will take place at Walnut Plaza (Columbus Avenue at Walnut Street) on Penn's Landing on September 12, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Visitors to Pennsylvania Coast Day will enjoy:
- Free boat rides on the RiverLink Ferry and Patriot*
- Free kayaking and pedal boating**
- Remote-controlled model ship races
- Coastie the Safety Boat robot
- Tours of the DELBAY oil-spill boat
- Face painting
- Arts and crafts
All this will be available at no cost. See for yourself in our photo gallery. Plus you can see the world’s largest fleet of LEGO model ships inside the Independence Seaport Museum (admission rates apply).
Visitors can even ride a free, round-trip shuttle to the Fairmount Water Works. Here they can:
- Compete in the Philly Fun Fishing Fest early that morning
- Explore the historic Fairmount Water Works and Schuylkill River
Other attractions are also within easy walking distance. Examples include the Independence Seaport Museum, Spruce Street Harbor Park and, just across the river, Adventure Aquarium and the Camden Children’s Garden.
* Supplies limited
** Paddlers must be at least 6 for boats and 9 for kayaks. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.