Celebrate Earth Day and Arbor Day in Rodney Square during your lunch break on April 22, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visitors to this annual, rain-or-shine event will enjoy:
- free native plants and other giveaways, while supplies last
- exciting, free raffle items
- dozens of vendors offering green products, services, and recreational info
- tree-themed activities in Rodney Square and the Wilmington Public Library next door
- a live radio broadcast by WJBR 99.5 FM
- music and much more
Please click here to view photo galleries of past festivals.
The Wilmington Earth Day Celebration is conveniently located near both a major bus depot and a train station. This gives visitors easy access to Earth-friendly, public transportation. The closest parking is approximately one block away at HyPark Garage. The cheapest parking is two blocks away at the Government Center Garage. This event is wheelchair accessible.
The Wilmington Earth Day Celebration is sponsored by the City of Wilmington, Delaware Center for Horticulture, and the Partnership for the Delaware Estuary, with support from Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County.