Celebrate Earth Day and Arbor Day in Rodney Square during your lunch break on Friday, April 22, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visitors to this annual rain-or-shine event will enjoy:
- free native plants and other giveaways, while supplies last
- free raffle items
- dozens of vendors offering green products, services, and travel tips
- tree-themed books in the Wilmington Public Library next door
- Tropo the clean-air mascot from 11:30 a.m. to noon
- food trucks selling lunches and water ice
- a live radio broadcast
- music and much more
Please click here to view photos of past festivals.
The Wilmington Earth Day Celebration is conveniently located near both a major bus depot and a train station. This provides easy access to Earth-friendly, public transportation. The closest parking is about one block away at HyPark Garage. The cheapest parking is two blocks away at the Government Center Garage. This event is wheelchair accessible.
The Wilmington Earth Day Celebration is sponsored by the City of Wilmington. Its chief collaborator is the Partnership for the Delaware Estuary.