Come see what the Pennsylvania coast has to boast at Pennsylvania Coast Day. This free festival will take place at Walnut Plaza (Columbus Avenue at Walnut Street) on Penn's Landing on September 6, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Visitors to Pennsylvania Coast Day will enjoy:
- Free kayak (ages 12 and up*) and swan pedal-boat (all ages) rides around the marina
- Free ferry rides**
- The Pennsylvania Tug Boat Festival (1 p.m.)
- Touring Delaware River fire boats and an oil-spill cleanup boat -- for free
- Watching remote-controlled model ship races
- Meeting Coastie the Safety Boat
- Face painting, prizes**, and arts and crafts
All this and more will be available at no cost. See for yourself in our photo gallery. Plus you can see the world’s largest collection of LEGO model ships and more inside the Independence Seaport Museum (admission rates apply).
#PACoastDay: From the Delaware
to the Schuylkill Waterfronts!
A free shuttle will also be available for round-trip tours to the Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center. Here, visitors can:
*Ages 12-15 must paddle tandem with someone 16 or older